Mitchell "Mitch" Williams is a recurring character and minor antagonist in Glitch Techs.
He is voiced by Luke Youngblood.
Mitch works as an employee and a Glitch Techs at the Hinobi gaming company to stop the glitches that come from faulty video game consoles. Mitch is also one of the former Furious Four members as said in I'm Mitch Williams.
Mitch is a complete egotist who happily abuses the company's technology to serve his own personal needs and constantly talks down to his coworkers. He also repeatedly used the mind-wipe technology to get food without paying, and once mind-wiped Five because Five beat him in a gaming tournament. Mitch is shown to care more about winning than the victims of Glitch attacks, as seen when Five's friend Casino was infected by a Possessor type Glitch. Despite his antagonistic and selfish demeanor, he has referred to Five as a friend and allowed Ridley to leave Hinobi without a mind-wipe.
Mitch is blonde and dark-skinned. However, the contents of his locker imply that he wears hairpieces. Initially, he wore the basic Bailey Glitch Tech uniform, consisting of a black and blue-lined vest, white under suit, belt, gloves, and custom white boots. outside of this, he also wears a leather jacket with the collar popped up.
In Season 2 Episode 7 "The Real Glitch Techs", Mitch's hairstyle has change from pompadour to spiky, and his gear changed as well. He wears a short sleeved black and white jacket that reaches to his ribs, black lines on the sides of his outfit, and black pants and white kneepads.
Powers, Abilities, and Equipment
Glove: Like all Glitch Techs, Mitch comes with an augmented glove with weaponry designed to contain and capture glitches. It has the following abilities:
- Mind Wipe
- Energy Blasts
- Weapon and Shield Formation
- Speed Boost
- Overclock: An alteration on the configuration of the gauntlet which greatly augmented the speed of the functions of the gauntlet, giving superspeed to the user, but after 30s of use the gauntlet overheats and stops working for a short period of time, this can be avoided if the overclock is stopped before the time runs out.(Seen in S2 E2 "Ping")
- "Ridley flame" (mod)(Temporary): Augmented power of the glove glowed in red and orange, had a more powerful Energy blast and could be used to charge the glove and hit the floor to cause a shock wave capable of erase any reducing nearby glitches to their base form.(Seen in S2 E5 "The New Recruit")
- Triple Shot (Temporary): shot 3 explosive capsules.
- Powered VR tech: Mitch has a program that when plugged in a VR System can temporary allow the user to damage glitches.(Seen in S2 E9 "I'm Mitch Williams")
Miko naturally doesn't like him due to the tournament incident in Age of Hinobi. She also considered him her enemy at times because he tried to mind wipe her many times even to its full maximum power capacity. Mitch frequently tries to humiliate her when the mission is in process by taking the XP and credit due to him considering her a low level (Noob) on the team along with Five. Even so he recognizes and admits her abilities as a gamer "are off of the chart".
High Five naturally doesn't like him due to the tournament incident in Age of Hinobi. He also considered him his enemy at times because he mind wipes High Five during the events of the tournament. Mitch frequently tries to humiliate him when the mission is in process by taking the XP and credit due to him considering High Five a low level (Noob) on the team along with Miko Kubota.
She is a member of Mitch's team but tends to dislike Mitch, just like the other Glitch Techs do in Alpha Leader.
He is a member of Mitch's team but tends to dislike Mitch, just like the other Glitch Techs do in Alpha Leader.
He was a victim of a Glitch attack when he was infected by a Possessor type Glitch in Smashozaurs. Mitch tried to hurt him due to him being possessed by a glitch, but High Five and Miko interfered by getting in his way by protecting Casino from him. Casino thought of Mitch as an enemy when he was possessed by the glitch, but after being memory wiped later on, the two have not met again.
When she temporarily joined Glitch Techs, he antagonized with her like he does with all newbies, this causing her anger. Even so after the outbreak of glitches she caused and being fired, he helped her to go out without wiping her memory, because he saw potential in her, though after she hugged him, Mitch threw her into the portal.
His Brothers and Sister
He deeply cares for each of them (Audrey Williams , Speck Williams and Ruf Williams), but is both angered and preoccupied of them doing nothing more than playing games. Mitch doesn't live with them and seems to only visit his siblings when they break their gaming equipment or when a Glitch escapes.
|Glitch Techs theme song:||Absent|
|1-2. "Age of Hinobi":||Debut||6. "Castle Crawl":||Absent|
|3. "Tutorial Mode":||Background||7. "Alpha Leader":||Appears|
|4. "Going, Going, Gauntlet!":||Background||8. "Collection Quest":||Appears|
|5. "Smashozaurs":||Appears||9. "Adventures in Pet Training":||Background|
|10. "Karate Trainer":||Absent|
|Glitch Techs theme song:||Absent|
|1. "The Glitch Modder":||Appears||6. "Find the Glitch":||Appears|
|2. "Ping":||Appears||7. "The Real Glitch Techs":||Appears|
|3. "Ralphie Bear Is Back":||Absent||8. "Settling the Score":||Background|
|4. "BUDS":||Appears||9. "I'm Mitch Williams":||Appears|
|5. "The New Recruit":||Appears||10. "BITT Prime":||Absent|
- In his locker, he has a jacket, hair gel, and a wig of his hair.
- Mitch's name as well as his persona as greatest gamer are likely based on game record-breaker Billy Mitchell.
- There is a variant with his visor, which has a rosy reddish tint compared to the green-blue tint of the other Glitch Techs.
- Mitch visibly panics when Miko shrugs off his attempts to erase her memory in Age of Hinobi.
- If things aren't going his way, he usually uses his Tech Gauntlet to erase people's memory.
- Instances throughout the series support the likelihood of Mitch having Narcissistic Personality Disorder, this however is unconfirmed.
- The episode BUDS revealed that he once owned a pet cat named Mrs. Boosh.
|— Characters —|
|Main Characters||Miko • High Five|
|Supporting Characters||Zahra • Haneesh • Nica Kubota • Mitch Williams • Casino • BITT • Phil • Lexi Kubota • Bergy • Nix • Mayumi Kubota • Hugh Kubota • Helpie • Abuela Nieves • Papi Nieves • Emilio Nieves • Ridley • Helpie • Emma Deveraux • LuC++|
|Glitches||Ally • Alpha • Bolypius • Chomp Kitty • Count Nogrog • Garbile • Karate Master • Narwhalrus • Team Enter Name • Zoid|