Miko Kubota is the female protagonist of Glitch Techs.
She is voiced by Monica Ray.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Powers, Abilities, and Equipment
- 6 Sightings
- 7 Foreign voice actors
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
She is athletic, able to kick her legs high above her head. She is constantly running, and extremely hyper. Miko loves her job and has fun doing it. She is usually seen with High Five, working very closely with her partner on missions to defeat glitches. When not on a mission, she works with him as a receptionist in the Hinobi store in Bailley, and hangs out with him in general despite only meeting him recently.
Ten years ago, when she was around six years old, Miko's family just moved into Bailley, and Miko, being the new kid, had trouble making friends. For instance, Miko was once given a pity invite to a birthday party at Joystick Junior's for Aileen Staropolis' eighth birthday. In the birthday room, Miko was brought on the stage with Aileen carrying her birthday cake, while the Cakey Von Smasher animatronic showed up programmed to threaten to smash the cake. And while the kids were singing to bring out Ralphie Bear, Miko felt confused on what was going on. Then the Ralphie Bear animatronic showed up with a creepy smile and flashing eyes in front of Miko, and Miko got so scared, she karate kicked Ralphie, decapitating the animatronic's head clean off as the head landed on Aileen's cake smashing it. This caused not only Aileen to cry, but all the other kids to scream and back away being afraid of Miko, accusing her for being a monster. Miko tried to explain she was just scared and didn't mean to ruin everything. Since then, Miko hadn't been invited to a birthday party since that incident, since those kids were too afraid to go near her. Fortunately, it wasn't just Miko, but many other kids back then were terrified of Ralphie Bear, which led to tons of complaints and caused the owner of Joystick Junior's to get rid of Ralphie all together, so Miko was still welcome into the arcade.
Afterwards, Miko soon had better luck with trying to gain friends and popularity in town at the arcade area of Joystick Junior's. Miko came across a recently added game called "Sock Em' Rockers", and decided to try it out. Then after a while, Miko ended up being the first one to beat the high score up to one million, which grabbed everyone's attention. Miko was finally praised for what she's good at, since all the gamer kids at Joystick Junior's began to love Miko for her amazing gamer skills and dance moves. Since then, Miko was finally able to make friends in town and become one of the most popular gamers in town, being given the nickname/gamer tag "Me_K.O."
At the end of the episode Tutorial Mode, after Inspector Barbara was done inspecting Bailley's Hinobi store, she communicates with an unknown person from Hinobi Research & Data saying that Miko, who is said to be their "subject" little does she know, and her friend Five have been showing great potential, that they can one day become assets to the Hinobi company. Also, Miko could really be the only one to help Hinobi R&D locate the mysterious glitch being known as "Bolypius".
Miko Kubota enjoys playing video games and loves animals. Due to her tomboyish behavior, she stands out from her family. Due to these differences, she often feels misunderstood in her family.
Since Miko has a bad habit of rushing, reacting quickly without thinking first, she can be reckless at times. This could get her into bad situations, on one occasion losing her gauntlet to Ally, and accidentally destroying the tutorial system.
However, Miko also has many good qualities, such as her brilliant creativity, and gung-ho attitude, allowing her to face problems with a smile. She is enthusiastic with every aspect of the job, combining her athleticism with her gamer knowledge and instincts. She is the kind of girl who sticks with her teammates, doing her best for them.
Unlike Five who's the one who takes time to think of different plans and strategies, Miko on the other hand is a faster learner through experience and adaptation, and doesn't like being slowed down by things such as tutorials, preferring to learn through action. However, as the series progresses, she starts to learn strategy from Five, and takes more time to think things through than in the earlier episodes.
As her partner, she likes to spend time with him working as a Glitch Techs , in the Hinobi store, and sometimes outside of work hours playing video games or doing something else fun. She trusts him, counting on him often in the field, and in return, gives him tips on games she's beaten before. In return, Five often acts as her voice of reason, keeping her from giving up, or being too gung-ho to act rationally, even if it may take time for her to understand.
She is Miko's mother. Miko dislikes how her mom is strict with her with doing something more "proactive" and doesn't show support for her love for video games. Despite this, they both love each other, becoming closer after Miko is given her job at Hinobi.
Miko's older sister. Nica is embarrassed to be seen with her due to being hyper, very tomboyish, and crazy at times in contrast of her public image. When they were younger, they were much closer, Nica having taught Miko how to play video games. They now have a back and forth relationship as sisters, but they both care for each other, even if both have contrasting personalities.
Miko's younger sister. Lexi considers her sister not accomplishing any real achievements since video games are not considered one in her book. Lexi knows about the Glitch Techs, and will not betray her sister, because of "sibling code," but both of them care for each other despite their differences. However, they grow closer since Lexi convinced Miko to train her to be a better fighter.
He is the Hinobi boss at Bailley and he seem to care about her, even though his face expression does not often show it. Miko knows that and respects him as her boss. However, she and Five get into antics that bug him sometimes.
It is the robot helper of the Glitch Techs and Hinobi, it obeys her and both of them have a good relationship as friends. She finds his design cute, and his abilities exciting. When she and Five first activate BITT, she hugs him and exclaims, "I want one for Christmas!"
He can be considered her enemy at times, because he tried to mind wipe both her and High Five, and because he frequently tries to humiliate both of them due to being low levels on the team.
He does not mind her being on the team, so both of them have a good relationship as co-workers.
She does not mind her being on the team, so both of them have a good relationship as co-workers.
The Hinobi scientist relationship with her has yet to be fully determined.
He has a good relationship with her, working together with High Five on missions, and both of them are good friends.
He doesn't mind her being on the team so both are in good terms, especially after she and Five saved him.
He was against her when he was possessed by a glitch, but after he was turned back to normal, he became friends with her and reconciled with his childhood friend, High Five.
Miko considers Ridley to be her friend. They were shown to be friendly, even "Glitch Sisters" towards each other in the episode "The Glitch Modder", under the presumption that Miko was also a Modder. Their relationship was very up-and-down after she reveals she is a Glitch Tech. However, Miko still seems to think she is a good kid. Ridley also holds at least some amount of friendship for her, as she goes back to help save them after releasing a bunch of Glitches in "The New Recruit".
Miko is a female of medium height, she has bluish violet hair with magenta sheen, trimmed in a hime cut with blunt bangs, and has fairly light skin and large, round hips. When she is wearing her employee uniform, her hair is put up into a bun. She keeps one long lock of hair out when she wears the bun.
Her normal clothing includes a black tank top covered with a yellow cat t-shirt, purple tights, a blue hoodie wrapped around her waist, red and white socks, grey boots, and an orange wristband.
Miko's employee outfit consists of a blue polo shirt with a white H embedded onto it, white pants, and shoes.
Her Glitch Tech uniform consists of a white suit, a black chest plate with a white H embedded onto it, black sleeves and knee padding, a Glitch Tech glove, clear classes, and white & pink sneakers.
Powers, Abilities, and Equipment
Electronics repair: Since she is part of Glitch Techs’ tech support. Miko is shown to be able to repair machinery such as a whack a mole (bunny in this case) arcade machine in "Collection Quest", and even tested a customer's handheld Hinobi console to check if it didn’t break after she accidentally dropped it in "Going, Going, Gauntlet!".
Glove: Like all Glitch Techs, Miko comes with an augmented glove with weaponry designed to contain and capture glitches. It has the following abilities:
- Cat bubble: The beam shoots at the target and captures it midair in a pink bubble full of cats.
- Mind Wipe
- Energy Blasts
- Weapon and Shield Formation
- Hammer: a translucent magenta hammer, is her most recurrent weapon.
- Overclock: This greatly augments the speed of the functions of the glove, giving superspeed to the user, but that after the thirty-second use, the glove overhead and stop working for a short period of time, this can be avoided if the overclock is stop before the time run out
- Pet: She can store her glitch pet Ally or summon it to help her. She can select a skin for her to give other abilities.
- Speed boost: She can augment her speed for a short period of time.
- Modded knight (temporary): A skin of a knight created by Ridley and modified to be compatible with her modded Glitches, allowing Miko & Five to capture them.
- She can generate a sword (or two of them) in "The Real Glitch Techs".
- Duplication Mod: Created by Ridley, is a energy blast that can make a glitch split in 2 copies exact to the original
|Glitch Techs theme song:||Appears|
|1-2. "Age of Hinobi":||Debut||6. "Castle Crawl":||Appears|
|3. "Tutorial Mode":||Appears||7. "Alpha Leader":||Appears|
|4. "Going, Going, Gauntlet!":||Appears||8. "Collection Quest":||Appears|
|5. "Smashozaurs":||Appears||9. "Adventures in Pet Training":||Appears|
|10. "Karate Trainer":||Appears|
|Glitch Techs theme song:||Appears|
|1. "The Glitch Modder":||Appears||6. "Find the Glitch":||Appears|
|2. "Ping":||Appears||7. "The Real Glitch Techs":||Appears|
|3. "Ralphie Bear Is Back":||Appears||8. "Settling the Score":||Appears|
|4. "BUDS":||Appears||9. "I'm Mitch Williams":||Appears|
|5. "The New Recruit":||Appears||10. "BITT Prime":||Appears|
Foreign voice actors
|Portuguese (Brazilian)||Pamela Rodrigues|
|Portuguese (European)||Isabel Queirós|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Desireé González|
|Spanish (Castilian/Spain)||Clara Schwarze|
- She is immune to the effects from Hinobi's memory wiping device in the Glitch Tech gauntlet.
- For some currently unknown reason, it shows a "..." signal after a mind wipe shot for just a few seconds, then it shows an error signal (red icon) showing that it didn't work on her. When the memory wipe protocol was on her TV, Miko was knocked out, but she still retained her memory, unlike everyone else who lost theirs, including Five. Later on, Mitch tried to wipe her memory multiple times, but it still wouldn't work on her.
- It is possible that the reason Miko can’t be mind wiped is because of her ADHD, this and other mental disorders may disrupt how the mind wipe function works due to abnormalities being present which has been shown to affect other functions of the gauntlets as Ridley’s modified glitches couldn’t be harmed or captured due to the fact that they had abnormal code, it is likely that only mental disorders that affect memory and concentration interfere with the mind wipe as they directly impact the areas of the brain the gauntlets are attempting to affect, and it is also shown that some characters with possible personality disorders are affected normally such as Bergy who may have a type of anxiety disorder.
- According to Dan Milano on Twitter, the name of Miko's family dog as shown in "Age of Hinobi" was named Cloud, after the protagonist from Final Fantasy VII. Dan Milano mentioned Miko also has a cat named Aerith, another character from that game, but that character model had not yet been used. However, when Dan was asked if Aerith would be featured in any future episode, he answered "Sure!"
- Miko's character was heavily inspired by Monica Ray, Felicia Day and Ashly Burch.
- Dan Milano explained on Twitter that Miko was written to show apparent signs of ADHD, which explains her strong dislike of tutorials in "Tutorial Mode" as well as her focus problems in "Going, Going, Gauntlet!".
- Dan also mentioned that originally Miko was written to have been held back once in school due to her learning and focusing difficulties, recently graduated junior high and had a summer birthday, but in the final version of the show it's assumed Miko is homeschooled since in "Collection Quest" Nica once told her what it's like in public school for her.
- Dan Milano also assumed Miko dyes her hair, saying it was naturally black like her mother, sister Lexi, and brother Lee, and he wished he could've done a little scene where Miko appears to have just finished dying her hair with a towel around her neck, and have her and Mitch discuss hair tips.
- However, judging from the flashbacks in "Ralphie Bear Is Back" and "Settling the Score", it appears that even as a little kid, her hair was always a bluish color, similar to how Marge Simpson from The Simpsons always had blue hair.
- Some fans believe that Miko's hair color could connect to Mitch assuming Miko is a humanoid glitch. Some fan theories evaluate whether Miko could be "Bolypius", or "Bolypius" might have possessed Miko or messed with her mind.
|— Characters —|
|Main Characters||Miko • High Five|
|Supporting Characters||Zahra • Haneesh • Nica Kubota • Mitch Williams • Casino • BITT • Phil • Lexi Kubota • Bergy • Nix • Mayumi Kubota • Hugh Kubota • Helpie • Abuela Nieves • Papi Nieves • Emilio Nieves • Ridley • Helpie • Emma Deveraux • LuC++|
|Glitches||Ally • Alpha • Bolypius • Chomp Kitty • Count Nogrog • Garbile • Karate Master • Narwhalrus • Team Enter Name • Zoid|