Hector Nieves (refered to as High Five or commonly Five) is the male protagonist in Glitch Techs.
He is voiced by Ricardo Hurtado.
Hector Nieves is a 15-year-old Mexican-American who is a good friend with Miko, and is working at Hinobi's store. While secretly as a Glitch Tech operator to stop those glitches. He's the Brains to Miko's brawn, being a more puzzle-oriented gamer. This means he usually comes up with the plans and strategies to fight glitches. Five has never beat Me_K.O. anytime they played against each other in the past, a fact that makes him a little irked when they first meet face to face.
High Five is a nice and caring boy who loves playing video games and will do anything to achieve his goal, never giving up.
Five does have a tendency to fear the unknown, and when assigned a job, he is often afraid to fail it- leading people like Mitch to steer him wrong. Five often gets stuck in his own head, unable to act in the moment, his mind to full to go the distance.
When Five does get out of his own head, he's capable of putting the puzzle of any game together, such as Castlestein, keeping all the loot gathered, just in case he would need something later. His plans rarely fail, and when his instincts catch up, he's one of the most dangerous Glitch Techs around.
He is tall, very slim, and has fairly dark tan skin. He also has a puffy hairstyle with a galaxy purple hue, along with slim arms and legs.
She is his partner and one of his best friends. He enjoys passing time with her on the job and out of it, and they frequently play games together. He has much trust in her, even when Mitch pointed out she could be a glitch with a very solid argument in the episode "Find the Glitch". Nevertheless, Five argued that even if she was a glitch, he would continue trusting her.
Five was fanatic of Mitch as a gamer, for this is one of the most tolerant with his arrogant self centered behaviour for his trust in his skill and knowledge, but doesn't have problem to directly confront him when he crosses the line. Aside all Five openly considers him as friend.
is the childhood friend of Five, they show to care for each other and go to play videogames together often.
===Ridley===A kid Five and Miko found that is a a skilled modder. She made a new Chomp Kitty that was purple and named it Horn. She uses Glitches that were caught and tweaks there AI and appearance to make them nice pets
The become good friends in "colletion quest". Afther it is show to see him going in mission or simply be with him more often.
Powers, Abilities, and Equipment
Cooking: Before he joined the Glitch Techs, he shown to be a competent cook in his family food truck.
Leadership: He can quickly make plans, using anything to his disposition and considering his companions' abilities, he demonstrates to have adaptive in these plans when these don't work exactly he adapt to it and create a new one.
Programing and electronics knowledge: he is seen reading programing book and in Ping is demostrated he is captable to do small modifications to old games, like take a
Glitch Tech Gauntlet: Basic equipment of any Glitch Tech member:
- Jet Boots: First acquired in "Going, Going, Gauntlet!", this upgrade allowed Five to jump higher and fly, but he initially had inept control. It was eventually traded in to combine Five and Miko's EXP into legally keeping Ally, though Five earned the upgrade back before its reappearance in "Collection Quest".
- StegaZaur Exo Suit: A large, heavy-duty armor skin first featured in "Smashozaurs", directly inspired by Five's favorite character from the series. The suit was primarily used to match against the strength of Casino's TriTops form, though it was eventually wrecked.
- Modded Wizard (temporary): A custom mod skin of a wizard from the game "Fire Age 4", created by Ridley and compatible with the data of her modified Glitches, allowing Five to battle and capture them.
- Hoverboard: First seen in "Smashozaurs", it's another travel tool primarily used for quick escapes. It can carry about two people.
- Speed boost: Augments his speed for a short period of time.
- Dupplication Mod: Created by Ridley, is a energy blast that make glitch split in 2 copys exact to the original
- Stationary canon: a big canon similar to a tank have a powerfull blast but need the help of another glitch tech to deploy and use. Is unknow if he have this upgrade or if was in Nameles's glove.
|Glitch Techs theme song:||Appears|
|1-2. "Age of Hinobi":||Debut||6. "Castle Crawl":||Appears|
|3. "Tutorial Mode":||Appears||7. "Alpha Leader":||Appears|
|4. "Going, Going, Gauntlet!":||Appears||8. "Collection Quest":||Appears|
|5. "Smashozaurs":||Appears||9. "Adventures in Pet Training":||Appears|
|10. "Karate Trainer":||Appears|
|Glitch Techs theme song:||Appears|
|1. "The Glitch Modder":||Appears||6. "Find the Glitch":||Appears|
|2. "Ping":||Appears||7. "The Real Glitch Techs":||Appears|
|3. "Ralphie Bear Is Back":||Appears||8. "Settling the Score":||Appears|
|4. "BUDS":||Appears||9. "I'm Mitch Williams":||Appears|
|5. "The New Recruit":||Appears||10. "BITT Prime":||Appears|
Foreign voice actors
|Spanish (Latin America)||Carlos Siller|
|Portuguese (Brazilian)||Yan Gesteira|
|Portuguese (European)||Pedro Manana|
|Spanish (Castilian/Spain)||Alex Molina|
|Polish||Karol Osentowski/Jakub Strach (Young)|
- Five's only family members to appear onscreen are his grandparents and there’s no mention as to what happened to his parents, but episode four reveals that they were around two years ago, at least. It's eventually revealed in Ping that Emilio Nieves, Five's dad, is currently in prison for hacking a firewall.
- Five started as more of a typical protagonist but as details were added, the GT crew drew from Eric Robles' real life. Other inspirations were elements of Peter Parker, Marty McFly & Will Smith. Many on the team brought their own inspiration to him as well including the artists and actor Ricardo Hurtado, who greatly inspired the overall dialogue for Five.
- Five's hair is based on Ray Santiago's.
- Five doesn’t mention any siblings.
- At his full height, Five is visibly taller than Miko.
- Even his grandparents refer to him as Five.
- Every once in a while he switches over to Spanish, usually when excited or surprised.
- When he finds his tournament wristband in Mitch's truck, his memories return, and even before that he seems to subconsciously realize that something is off.
|— Characters —|
|Main Characters||Miko • High Five|
|Supporting Characters||Zahra • Haneesh • Nica Kubota • Mitch Williams • Casino • BITT • Phil • Lexi Kubota • Bergy • Nix • Mayumi Kubota • Hugh Kubota • Helpie • Abuela Nieves • Papi Nieves • Emilio Nieves • Ridley • Helpie • Emma Deveraux|
|Glitches||Ally • Alpha • Chomp Kitty • Count Nogrog • Garbile • Karate Master • Narwhalrus • Team Enter Name • Zoid|